What provision do you offer for your new arrivals?5th June 2014
How to Welcome New Arrivals2nd October 2014
This language learning strategy provides a very powerful platform for rapid progress using a multi-sensory approach:
1. Teach the new language. Ideally, a popular phrase where vocabulary can be alternated to give learners more options to use the phrase.
2. Read the short phrase aloud and ask the learner to listen then read in their head as you speak.
3. Ask the learner to repeat what they heard (this should be recorded).
3. Ask learners to listen to themselves speaking (on the recording).
4. Ask learners to write down what they have said with reference to what they hear and the written phrase.