Would your school benefit from a comprehensive reflection on how you support EAL across the curriculum?
Send a senior member of staff to become an EAL Teacher Trainer with the tools, manuals and resources to train others in your school. The course includes:
- Understanding what is needed for young learners learning English as an Additional Language
- Strategies to help new arrivals embrace their new cultural experience
- Assessing the new arrival’s English language skills
- Teaching beginners of English to use a second language writing system
- Using effective language learning strategies with EAL language learners
- Resources to support EAL and classroom teachers with EAL learners and cultural transition
- Managing, differentiating and planning for new arrivals in the mainstream classroom
- Evaluating EAL provision for EAL and setting targets for whole school improvement
Whole School Inset
Invite Caroline Scott, author of Teaching Children English as an Additional Language: A programme for 7-11 year olds' and 'Teaching English as an Additional Language 5-11: A Whole School Resource' and EAL teaching through the Learning Village (www.learningvillage.net) to train your teachers in differentiating for EAL across your curriculum.
Insets can include:
- Assessment - identifying starting points and ongoing tracking of progress
- Small group teaching of EAL - Including an extensive programme of learning to support progress in language learning (including what, how and when to teach grammar and vocabulary) for the basics of English and language learning across the curriculum.
- How to differentiate for effective EAL learning in class.
- Using language learning strategies to support learners in the curriculum.
- Using EAL resources to support language learning.
Complimentary with a one day inset:
- Comprehensive participants handbooks including participant's reading (up to 20 handbooks per school)
- Teaching English as an Additional Language 5-11: A Whole School Resource
- Free 6 month use of EAL teaching through the Learning Village (teacher tools)
Learning Village Course
This 1 day course guides you through assessment, planning and delivering finely tuned, time-limited EAL lessons for new arrivals and intermediate learners with gaps in their understanding of vocabulary and grammar structures by teaching EAL through the Learning Village: www.learningvillage.net.
Complimentary with this course:
- 1 x Learning Village teacher tools (learner tracking, customising content for each learner, flashcards, demonstration through the Learning Village and additional fantastic resources!)
- 10 x Learning Village student tools (student login, 800+ lessons, games and assessments)
- EAL Learning Village handbook